"Prim!" I rip through a wall of green into a small clearing and the sound repeats directly above me. Above me? My head whips back. Do they have her up in the trees? I desperately search for the branches but see nothing. "Prim?" I say pleadingly. I hear her but can’t see her. Her next wail rings out, clear as a ball, and there’s no mistaking the source. It’s coming from the mouth of a small, crested black bird perched on a branch about three metres over my head. And then I understand.
It’s a jabberjay.
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great."
Okay so I’ve decided to make a list of things I wanted to accomplish before my next Birthday. If I make it public, I’ll feel more inclined to actually do it.
1) Get over my fear of talking on the phone
2) Have one of my short stories published again
3) Improve my musical skills (I’ve been playing African drums/various percussion for six years now. I should be better than I am. Also I just got a ukulele and by god I’m going to be awesome)
4) Write more letters
5) Sew more (I started sewing when I was pretty young. I want to make more. Being a costume assistant again should help)
6) Be more involved with Scouts
7) And, as always, improve acting
MEGS OH MY GOOD GOLLY THANK YOU.